Monday 30 January 2012

David Hockney at The Royal Academy

This weekend i have been to the show by David Hockney at the Royal Academy.
I think that the show is fantastic! Me and David Hockney definately share similar views on colour. I loved the way the landscapes of his were painted as well, there is a similarity of his brushstrokes with Van Gogh, I thought.
Especially i have enjoyed his series of paintings when he painted the same scene at four different times of year: spring, summer, autumn and winter. In these series every time of the year looks happy and bright.
David Hockney's paintings, to my mind are very optimistic in colour and attitude - i do not remember a dull painting of his, even when i skimmed through some books of his other works. Especially i liked one book with his series of paintings of his two dogs, they remind me a lot of my mother's dogs who i miss a lot since i have moved out of my mother's house.
Unfortunately, i could not take any photographs at the show, the image below is found on - line.

No comments:

Post a Comment