Monday 20 February 2012

New works

The first of the new works is a painting that i did before going off to Paris for a show. It is of different sweets that i so much adore. It is sort of a candy inspired dream.


The next painting i did was a reaction to the exhibition in paris. I felt that the art shown there was sort of concealing the beauty and showing the ugly side of life. So, in this painting i made an illusion of it being covered in dust, concealed.

The last painting that i am planning to show at the exhibition is called "the unconscious painting" this is because it is a cut - out of my apron, where i wipe my brushes while i paint. This way the paint that is transferred onto my apron unconsiously. I found the paint on my apron interesting, so i did this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment