Monday 7 November 2011

My new painting this term.

This is the first painting i did just before we started this year in order to get me going. This one does not really have an idea - i just wanted to try and show how would doing something magical with your hands look. So, i called her a witch.

The second one i did is about my experience with people, especially in London, where people are very restricted with their emotins. Especially this happens in social situations, somewhere outside their home. So, you can say that every person has a sort of a mask that they wear in front of other people - the side of their personality that everyone sees. But, everybody does have another side of them too which is a self that we rarely or don't at all show to others, sometimes we even do not see it ourselves. This is like the two sides of the moon, with the mysterious dark or back side.

Then, i did the paintings below, one of which is an abstracted portrait of my cat, and the other one using peels of the palette i have used when making the painting with two people on it earlier on. I am planning to put the painting of my cat, and another one i am still working on in the winter show which will be happening in the next 2 weeks at Chelsea for my year.

No comments:

Post a Comment